2018 State Population EstimatesPosted on Dec 20, 2018 in Whats New Releases
The U.S. Census Bureau released its 2018 state population estimates on December 19, 2018.
Hawaii’s latest population estimates data are now available on our DBEDT website.
Daily Estimated Population Averages for the State of Hawaii: 2017 to 2018
- On July 1, 2017, the resident population for the State of Hawaii was 1,424,203.
- On July 1, 2018, the resident population for the State of Hawaii was 1,420,491.
- On an average, between July 1, 2017 and July 1, 2018, there was a decrease of 10 people per day:
- 47 births per day
- 35 deaths per day
- 11 more people moving into the State of Hawaii from foreign countries than those moving out of the State of Hawaii to foreign countries per day
- 34 more people moving out of the State of Hawaii to other states in the U.S. than those moving into the State of Hawaii from other states per day
- 23 more people moving out of the State of Hawaii than those moving into the State of Hawaii per day (includes both movement from foreign countries and movement from other states in the U.S.)
Note: Does not sum due to rounding and residual assignment.
Source: U.S. Census Bureau, Population Division estimates released on December 19, 2018; calculations by the Hawaii State Department of Business, Economic Development & Tourism, Research and Economic Analysis Division.