2016 State Population EstimatesPosted on Dec 20, 2016 in Whats New Releases
December 20, 2016. Today, the U.S. Census Bureau released its 2016 state population estimates.
Hawaii’s latest population estimates data is now available on our DBEDT website.
Daily Estimated Population Averages for the State of Hawaii: 2015 to 2016
- On July 1, 2015, the resident population for the State of Hawaii was 1,425,157.
- On July 1, 2016, the resident population for the State of Hawaii was 1,428,557.
- On an average, between July 1, 2015 and July 1, 2016, there was an increase of 9 people per day:
- 51 births per day
- 33 deaths per day
- 20 more people moving into the State of Hawaii from foreign countries than those
moving out of the State of Hawaii to foreign countries per day
- 27 more people moving out of the State of Hawaii to other states in the U.S. than
those moving into the State of Hawaii from other states per day
- 7 more people moving into the State of Hawaii than those moving out of the State of Hawaii per day (includes both movement from foreign countries and movement from other states in the U.S.)
Note: Does not sum due to rounding and residual assignment.
Source: U.S. Census Bureau, Population Division estimates released on December 20, 2016; calculations by the Hawaii State Department of Business, Economic Development & Tourism, Research and Economic Analysis Division.